how Flink Optimizer work and what is process do it?

how Flink Optimizer work and what is process do it?

hagersaleh
how Flink Optimizer work and what is process do it?

Re: how Flink Optimizer work and what is process do it?

Alexander Alexandrov
The flink optimizer will basically do two things for you (+ some other magic regarding iterations which I will leave aside for now)

1) Algorithm selection: e.g., choose between a  hash-join or merge-join;
2) Partitioning strategy: track grouping key, and if partitioning is needed, pick a suitable strategy (e.g. re-partition vs broadcast for a join);

Besides that the optimizer will fix the hyperparameters for your algorithms (e.g. memory allocation) and will ultimately generate the final program that has to be executed.

how Flink Optimizer work and what is process do it?

Re: how Flink Optimizer work and what is process do it?

hagersaleh
very thanks
what meaning Optimizer in flink?

Re: how Flink Optimizer work and what is process do it?

Fabian Hueske-2
It's similar to a query optimizer in a relational database system.

hagersaleh
this optimizer automatic mode or I determination it

Re: how Flink Optimizer work and what is process do it?

Fabian Hueske-2
Optimization happens automatically when you submit a batch program (DataSet API).

this optimizer automatic mode or I determination it