VertexUpdateFunction class has memory between the supersteps

VertexUpdateFunction class has memory between the supersteps

Attila Bernáth
Dear All,

I am using the spargel API. I found that the VertexUpdateFunction
class has memory between the supersteps. Is it safe to rely on this
memory?

Attila

Re: VertexUpdateFunction class has memory between the supersteps

Stephan Ewen

Hi!

I am not sure that I understand the question. What memory between supersteps are you referring to?

If you mean that the same instances of the functions are used across all supersteps and that their variables are kept: yes, you can rely on that.

Stephan

Attila

Re: VertexUpdateFunction class has memory between the supersteps

Attila Bernáth
For example: an instance of the vertexupdatefunction processes certain
vertices in one superstep (in its updateVertex method). Can I assume
that it will process the same vertices in the next superstep, too?

Attila

> Hi!
>
> I am not sure that I understand the question. What memory between supersteps
> are you referring to?
>
> If you mean that the same instances of the functions are used across all
> supersteps and that their variables are kept: yes, you can rely on that.
>
> Stephan
>
> Am 15.10.2014 17:09 schrieb "Attila Bernáth" <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I am using the spargel API. I found that the VertexUpdateFunction
>> class has memory between the supersteps. Is it safe to rely on this
>> memory?
>>
>> Attila

Re: VertexUpdateFunction class has memory between the supersteps

Stephan Ewen

Yes, that is guaranteed.

Am 16.10.2014 10:23 schrieb "Attila Bernáth" <[hidden email]>:
For example: an instance of the vertexupdatefunction processes certain
vertices in one superstep (in its updateVertex method). Can I assume
that it will process the same vertices in the next superstep, too?

Attila

> Hi!
>
> I am not sure that I understand the question. What memory between supersteps
> are you referring to?
>
> If you mean that the same instances of the functions are used across all
> supersteps and that their variables are kept: yes, you can rely on that.
>
> Stephan
>
> Am 15.10.2014 17:09 schrieb "Attila Bernáth" <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I am using the spargel API. I found that the VertexUpdateFunction
>> class has memory between the supersteps. Is it safe to rely on this
>> memory?
>>
>> Attila

Re: VertexUpdateFunction class has memory between the supersteps

Attila Bernáth
So I thought I can use this fact to remember something about these nodes.