Is the description of taskmanager.memory.task.heap.size in the official document incorrect?

Is the description of taskmanager.memory.task.heap.size in the official document incorrect?

Jason Lee

Hello everyone

When I studied the memory model of TaskManager, I found that there is a problem in the official document, which is the description of taskmanager.memory.task.heap.size is incorrect. (https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.13/docs/deployment/config/#taskmanager-memory-task-heap-size)

According to the official memory model, I think the correct description should be that task Heap Memory size for TaskExecutors. This is the size of JVM heap memory reserved for tasks. If not specified, it will be derived as Total Flink Memory minus Framework Heap Memory, Framework Off-Heap Heap Memory, Task Off-Heap Memory, Managed Memory and Network Memory. However, in the official document, the Framework Off-Heap Heap Memory should be subtracted.

 I see all versions of the documents are like this,like Flink 1.10, Flink 1.12, Flink 1.13. I am not sure whether it is a mistake in my understanding or an error in the official document, and I don’t know whether I should raise a Jira for this issue, so I send a mailing group to discuss it with you .

Best,
JasonLee

Re: Is the description of taskmanager.memory.task.heap.size in the official document incorrect?

Roman Khachatryan
Hi Jason,

I think you are right, taskmanager.memory.framework.off-heap.size is also subtracted, at least according to the source code [1].
Would you like to create a jira issue?

[1]

Regards,
Roman