IOException reading a large file

Flavio Pompermaier
Hi to all,
I'm trying to read a big file from my local fs, splitting it into two everything is fine, instead, reading it all at once I get this error>

java.io.IOException: Error of input/output
at java.io.FileInputStream.readBytes(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.read(FileInputStream.java:272)
at org.apache.flink.core.fs.local.LocalDataInputStream.read(LocalDataInputStream.java:76)
at org.apache.flink.api.common.io.DelimitedInputFormat.fillBuffer(DelimitedInputFormat.java:581)
at org.apache.flink.api.common.io.DelimitedInputFormat.readLine(DelimitedInputFormat.java:487)
at org.apache.flink.api.common.io.DelimitedInputFormat.nextRecord(DelimitedInputFormat.java:453)
at org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.DataSourceTask.invoke(DataSourceTask.java:173)
at org.apache.flink.runtime.execution.RuntimeEnvironment.run(RuntimeEnvironment.java:223)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Do you know which could be the cause?

Best,
Flavio

Re: IOException reading a large file

rmetzger0
The error is coming directly from the JVM. Reading that file without Flink would probably lead to the same error.
Maybe there is a hardware or operating system error.