Exception with hbase

Hilmi Yildirim
Hi,
I am using the SNAPSHOT version of flink to read from hbase and it is
working. But we are using a newer version of hbase and if I set the
hbase-client dependency to a newer version, then I get the following
exception:

Caused by: java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException: Task
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ResultBoundedCompletionService$QueueingFuture@3ba39569
rejected from
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor@70a63f15[Terminated, pool size =
0, active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 2061]
     at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$AbortPolicy.rejectedExecution(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:2048)
     at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.reject(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:821)
     at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.execute(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1372)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ResultBoundedCompletionService.submit(ResultBoundedCompletionService.java:142)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallableWithReplicas.addCallsForCurrentReplica(ScannerCallableWithReplicas.java:276)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallableWithReplicas.call(ScannerCallableWithReplicas.java:165)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallableWithReplicas.call(ScannerCallableWithReplicas.java:57)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller.callWithoutRetries(RpcRetryingCaller.java:200)
     ... 10 more

Does anyone know the reason for that?

Best Regards,
Hilmi

Hilmi Yildirim
Software Developer R&D

http://www.neofonie.de

Besuchen Sie den Neo Tech Blog für Anwender:
http://blog.neofonie.de/

Folgen Sie uns:
https://plus.google.com/+neofonie
http://www.linkedin.com/company/neofonie-gmbh
https://www.xing.com/companies/neofoniegmbh

Neofonie GmbH | Robert-Koch-Platz 4 | 10115 Berlin
Handelsregister Berlin-Charlottenburg: HRB 67460
Geschäftsführung: Thomas Kitlitschko

Re: Exception with hbase

Hilmi Yildirim
Hi,
I fround the reason for that exception. In the TableInputFormat there is
the method "configure". This method creates a connection to an hbase
table with "this.table = new HTable(hConf, getTableName());". This
method is deprecated in the newer versions of hbase-client. You have to use

Connection connection = connection =
ConnectionFactory.createConnection(hConf);
this.table = (HTable)
connection.getTable(TableName.valueOf(getTableName()));

Best Regards,
Hilmi

Am 05.06.2015 um 12:31 schrieb Hilmi Yildirim:

> Hi,
> I am using the SNAPSHOT version of flink to read from hbase and it is
> working. But we are using a newer version of hbase and if I set the
> hbase-client dependency to a newer version, then I get the following
> exception:
>
> Caused by: java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException: Task
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ResultBoundedCompletionService$QueueingFuture@3ba39569
> rejected from
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor@70a63f15[Terminated, pool size
> = 0, active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 2061]
>     at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$AbortPolicy.rejectedExecution(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:2048)
>     at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.reject(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:821)
>     at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.execute(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1372)
>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ResultBoundedCompletionService.submit(ResultBoundedCompletionService.java:142)
>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallableWithReplicas.addCallsForCurrentReplica(ScannerCallableWithReplicas.java:276)
>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallableWithReplicas.call(ScannerCallableWithReplicas.java:165)
>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallableWithReplicas.call(ScannerCallableWithReplicas.java:57)
>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller.callWithoutRetries(RpcRetryingCaller.java:200)
>     ... 10 more
>

> Does anyone know the reason for that?
>
> Best Regards,
> Hilmi