Empty flow layout diagram after execution on grid

Empty flow layout diagram after execution on grid

Camelia-Elena Ciolac
Hello,

After I successfully run a Flink job on the grid, I'd like to see its overview diagrams (flow layout/stack layout)  but they're empty.
I stored a screenshot at http://picpaste.com/EMPTY_MONITOR-wQ5n5NpW.png for 7 days,  but I masked the host name (one of the grid nodes which for me is the master node).
Even if the dashboard gives access to real-time monitoring of the job currently executing on the grid, it would be great if these after-execution statistics and diagrams could be populated as well.

I mention that this screen is accessible only after the job finishes execution, and a link is generated under the "History" section giving access to these execution statistics (which for me are empty).

Many thanks,
Camelia

Re: Empty flow layout diagram after execution on grid

Stephan Ewen
Hi!

The visualization currently depends on a "online-only" JavaScript library. It only works if the browser that renders the charts has a online internet connection.

Stephan

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 3:12 PM, Camelia-Elena Ciolac <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

After I successfully run a Flink job on the grid, I'd like to see its overview diagrams (flow layout/stack layout)  but they're empty.
I stored a screenshot at http://picpaste.com/EMPTY_MONITOR-wQ5n5NpW.png for 7 days,  but I masked the host name (one of the grid nodes which for me is the master node).
Even if the dashboard gives access to real-time monitoring of the job currently executing on the grid, it would be great if these after-execution statistics and diagrams could be populated as well.

I mention that this screen is accessible only after the job finishes execution, and a link is generated under the "History" section giving access to these execution statistics (which for me are empty).

Many thanks,
Camelia

Re: Empty flow layout diagram after execution on grid

Ufuk Celebi
This is due to the usage of Google's JavaScript Visualization API [1] [2], which doesn't allow offline use.

[1] https://developers.google.com/chart/
[2] https://developers.google.com/loader/

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 3:23 PM, Stephan Ewen <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Henry Saputra
Gah, we should probably think of another way or framework to alllow
offline use =(

- Henry

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 6:43 AM, Ufuk Celebi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> PS: https://developers.google.com/chart/interactive/faq#offline
>
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 3:43 PM, Ufuk Celebi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> This is due to the usage of Google's JavaScript Visualization API [1] [2],
>> which doesn't allow offline use.
>>
>> [1] https://developers.google.com/chart/
>> [2] https://developers.google.com/loader/
>>

>> On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 3:23 PM, Stephan Ewen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> The visualization currently depends on a "online-only" JavaScript
>>> library. It only works if the browser that renders the charts has a online
>>> internet connection.
>>>
>>> Stephan

Re: Empty flow layout diagram after execution on grid

Stephan Ewen
That would be great, yes. Anyone has experience with JS libraries for time-line visualization?