Configure Kafka ingress through property files in Stateful function 3.0.0

Configure Kafka ingress through property files in Stateful function 3.0.0

Jessy Ping
Hi all,

I am getting the following error when I tried to provide kafka properties for ingress using  'ingress.spec.properties: consumer.properties'.

Error:
.flink.statefun.flink.common.json.WrongTy peException Wrong type for key /ingress/spec/properties not a key-value list. and
Caused by: org.apache.flink.statefun.flink.common.json.MissingKeyException: missing key /ingress/spec/address
at org.apache.flink.statefun.flink.common.json.Selectors.dereference(Selectors.java:150)

Any insights in this regard will be helpful .

Thanks
Jessy

Re: Configure Kafka ingress through property files in Stateful function 3.0.0

Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai
Hi Jessy,

I assume "consumer.properties" is a file you have included in your StateFun
application's image?

The ingress.spec.properties field in the module YAML specification file
expects a list of key value pairs, not a properties file. See for example
[1].

I think it could make sense to supporting specifying property files directly
as while. Could you open a JIRA for this?

Thanks,
Gordon

[1]
https://github.com/apache/flink-statefun/blob/master/statefun-flink/statefun-flink-io-bundle/src/test/resources/routable-protobuf-kafka-ingress.yaml#L36