Akka timeout

Flavio Pompermaier
Hi to all,

In my current (local) job I receive a lot of Akka timeout errors during task deploy at:

org.apache.flink.runtime.executiongraph.Execution$2.onComplete(Execution.java:342)

is it normal? Which parameter do I have to increase?

Best,
Flavio

Re: Akka timeout

Stephan Ewen
Hi Flavio!

This may be a known and fixed issue. It relates to the fact that task deployment may take long in case of big jar files. The current master should not have this issue any more, but 0.9-SNAPSHOT has it.

As a temporary workaround, you can increase "akka.ask.timeout"in the flink configuration file. a value os "200 s" for example increases it to 200 seconds.

Greetings,
Stephan

Flavio